1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Need help getting back on the right track

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Kylin Foster, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Kylin Foster

Kylin Foster Peer Supporter

So I had a little pain but than I started back in that thought cycle again. And Last night while being intimate with my boyfriend I started getting pain on the inside of my vagina and I feelt swollen which I haven't had in a long time! The pain is normally on the outside. I started getting worried and it still hurts now a bit after penetration but I'm just really worried about it hurting now! I was doing so good this weekend I don't know what happened.

2. healingfromchronicpain

healingfromchronicpain Well known member

Don't know that I can help much, but I'd say try not to get caught up in those thought cycles. I'm dealing with a similar thing. I've had recurrent UTI's for 30 years, but I hadn't had any symptoms for the last 2 years (yay!!). But in the last month or so I've felt them a few times now. Very annoying and frustrating because I can't identify why it may be happening and I feel myself getting caught up in worrying about it again.

Sometimes the ride to freedom from pain is more like a roller coaster than a straight road (at least for me). I'm hoping to hear what others have to say. Thanks for sharing.

3. Leslie735

Leslie735 Well known member

I understand how you feel, completely! I went 2 days (Monday & Tuesday) without any any pain down below. I was feeling really happy that I thought I got the bottom of the issue and it was gone now. Then this morning I was getting ready to head out for a dental appointment and it happened again. Like you, I immediately got caught up in the thought cycle and worry cycle. I am reminding myself, that 3 years ago, I went through this with urinary problems. I was feeling better within days of journaling and working on TMS stuff but the sensations were on and off for another couple weeks before completely disappearing entirely and I STILL get the sensations during times of anxiety/stress. The fear behind them has disappeared so they do not linger like they use to. I keep telling myself this is the same thing. We can do this!

4. Kylin Foster

Kylin Foster Peer Supporter

Amazing! We can all heal! Love the support here