1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Need help and support

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Romain, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Romain

Romain New Member

Hello everybody, need support ... For several years I have had chronic fatigue, pain and insomnia ... One of my problems is having read and watched a lot of articles and videos on adrenal fatigue ... Also my blood tests indicated that all my hormones were low ... That's why I doubt a 100% psychological diagnosis ... although it is very clear that I am very anxious and that I have suffered trauma ...
    At the moment I sleep very badly and am tired ... I returned to sport and work for 3 months and my condition has greatly improved, however I still have a lot of symptoms (fatigue, insomnia, pain, panic attacks) ... I continue to take my hormonal treatment and undergo psychotherapy (somatic experiencing) ...
    My fear is to worsen my physical state (adrenal fatigue) by doing activities despite the lack of sleep and fatigue ... A little help and reassurance would be welcome;)

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Romain,

I have recovered from Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue and Insomnia using TMS treatment methods and have written success stories on both. I've posted links to these and hope that they have some useful information in them for you.

The thing about medical tests is that they tell you nothing about how the problem started. It is possible to have findings on medical tests that are the result of TMS. The cause is still psychological. Why are your hormones low? Why is there adrenal fatigue?

Also, here is an article by Dr. Schubiner on Chronic Fatigue:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/unlearn-your-pain/201606/explaining-the-unexplainable-chronic-fatigue-syndrome (Explaining the Unexplainable: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)

https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/recovery-from-chronic-insomnia.16653/ (Recovery from Chronic Insomnia)

https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/recovery-from-20-years-of-fibromyalgia-and-a-lifetime-of-migraines.7924/ (Recovery from 20 years of fibromyalgia and a lifetime of migraines)

Keep at it. Recovery can take awhile, but is possible.

Balsa11 likes this.
  3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

...and that is a BIG problem. Stop doing that. We all have this strange compulsion to go and get over informed and all that does to us is plant the 'Nocebo' in our mind, that Dr. Sarno warned us about. Every time a friend goes to Dr. Google, the first question out of my mouth is "so where do you have cancer NOW?" (LOL)
    Biopsies on people with chronic pain show definite de-oxygenation (chronic ischemia?) but the processes that started them were definitely psychological... Hell, when I got tested pre-Sarno I had all sorts of 'real' diagnoses' but it went away when I dealt with it psychologically. Our Body is a unified organism... it can't do things in isolation. It is always going to be working in tandem with the chemistry of our body to do what it needs, even create a distraction. JUst because a chemical anomaly is 'real' doesn't mean that it wasn't precipitated by an emotional or mental problem, and our body's can fix anything.

I suppose Adrenal Fatigue is 'real'. I was a singer in a band. I have messed around with steroids for my voice for long periods of time (Illegally of course)... but in spite of the warnings about adrenal fatigue, the 'crash' has never been longer then a day or two and that is after years of abusing them. Drink a lot of water, take a multiple vitamin and, as Sarno said, don't expect to be out very long....Hell, even the vitamin is probably a placebo!

Doing things tired won't worsen anything... you'll just be doing those things poorer. Funny... I was using chemicals to sing better and I listen to those recordings now, and I am way better without a handful of steroids.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  4. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Second this. Get in the flow state and calm/reasonably energetic windows will open up. TMS can make you feel under the weather, so just focus on self care and making time for what you enjoy.

5. Romain

Romain New Member

Thanks a lot guys for all your answers !
    It feels good to hear !

Lizzy likes this.