1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Need another round

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by rsiman, May 28, 2021.

1. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

Hi,

I have posted sporadically here over the past few years. I have healed myself multiple times over, but it keeps coming back. So I'm here again. This time my hand pain has been lasting for 6 months, but I have been too busy finishing my master's in math (finally about done!). I simply avoided it by using my mouse in my left hand, which gave me no pain, or using my middle finger on my right hand to press the left mouse button, which would become sore after awhile but is very usable. I'm not mad at myself for doing this since I really had to focus on my math, but now that I'm almost done its time to cure myself once again.

TMS evidence:
    1. Playing a certain videogame with my friends, I did not have pain usually using the mouse with my right hand. This is odd because it's a semi intense first person shooter, and other less intense games would hurt my finger. I think I wanted to play normally with friends so bad, I didn't let myself feel pain
    2. I've been trying to use my right hand to do stuff part of the day, to ease myself back into it. Now my left hand gets a little achey when i switch back after using my right hand, which of course makes no sense. It seems like the more fear I feel about my right hand, the more pain I feel in my left AS WELL.

Balsa11 likes this.