1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

NEED ADVICE

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I need to brake my pain cycle I have been off meds for awhile ( pain meds) and tried the tms approach and tms therapy tms dr and so got the rubber stamp and all that.. But it's been awhile with no relief at all I feel I need to numb myself out and have some painless days...going to my pcp tomm for my blood pressure which as been elevated for awhile...yes I am going threw a divorce sale of family home purchase of new things are at a elevated state I am just looking for some relief . But I am at huge cross roads about going on a pain med for awhile ???? I would love some advice ...even though I no the answer I would like some help...

Marco

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Marco, take some meds and enjoy some relief. There is absolutely no need to add more suffering to all that you're already going through. I've temporarily upped my dose because I've being going through hell lately (a major life shit-storm) and I couldn't cope with the intensity of pain on top of it. We do what we must. It's not a failure, it's a bump in the road and we've ridden roughshod over enough of those to know them for what they are.

Take care my sweet.

Plum x

Ellen and birdsetfree like this.
  3. Jacqui9

Jacqui9 Peer Supporter

Marco,

I agree with Plum. Take the meds. Sometimes we just need some relief.

Jacqui

4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I am and relief came I needed it been getting hit in the face with a shovel everyday is not fun

5. intense50

intense50 Well known member

I am 99% percent pain free but I occasionnally take alleeve. The perfectionist in me wants 100% .Steve O told me we are organic beings with emotions and we will never get to point where we don't feel our bodies. He's right we are not robots. Its ok be nice to yourself. If you were diabetic and had to take insulin would you be less of a person?
    Today is a new day, be glad and rejoice in it.

AL