1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Need a reputable doctor

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by cwalker, Oct 21, 2015.

1. cwalker

cwalker New Member

I would like to find an MD that can tell me my pain is due to TMS. Please do not answer this thread unless you have a resource.

I need to find a good TMS or insight-oriented therapist to help with emotional issues relating to a bad childhood.

I will fly to New York to visit the Rusk Institute if I have to but would prefer to find a TMS minded doctor closer to California.

I need a second opinion. A doctor here in read my MRI and told me I would always have pain and weakness in my right leg. My right leg has nothing wrong with it. I have severe debilitating pain and weakness in my left leg. I went to a psychologist who gave offered coping strategies. I cope just fine considering the tremendous pain I must endure every day. I would like to find an "insight-oriented" therapist willing to plow through a difficult childhood. I am tired of throwing away hard-earned money on quacks.
    I will seek drugs or surgery if this mind-body thing does not start to work.

2. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

3. Joey2276

Joey2276 Peer Supporter

For a TMS MD my highest recomendation would go to Dr Schubiner in Michigan. Check out his youtube videos and his study on fibromyalgia pain reduction. I flew out there also from CA and he spends 3 hours the first day and an hour the second day; total cost was just under $500. He is an excellent communicator. Dr Schecter is local and also can diagnose if it is TMS, or structural, or some combination.

For therapy I've been going to see Daniel Lyman at the Pain Psychology Center in Los Angeles and the combination of the confidence in the diagonsis from dr Schubiner and therapy with Daniel has been life changing. There are several therapists at that center and I think most have dealt with TMS symptoms some of them severe.

If you want to know more just email me.

Tennis Tom, JanAtheCPA and Grateful17 like this.