1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Mystery Files: Hilter - TMS in WWI

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Waterbear, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Waterbear

Waterbear Peer Supporter

I’m a documentary lover and they have some great biographical ones on Netflix. I recently watched the one about Hitler and what I found interesting is how they mention PTSD physiological blindness.

Basically, he was so scared that a gas attack would blind him that he got “hysterical blindness” after surviving the gas attack.

I found this extremely interesting. I’d recommend people check it. They basically talk about TMS, but from the WWI era.

Mystery Files: Hilter (around 12:00 and on)

(I’m not feeling bad for Hitler here. He’s was a very evil man. However, the TMS portion of this program is very interesting.)

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks WB, I have an acquaintance who I believe had TMS/hysterical blindness about a year ago, she's now seeing again.

Waterbear likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Waterbearer. I'm glad you posted about Hitler. I read about him on the Internet and he sure had a lot of TMS, going back
    to his childhood. He was a certifiable nut and if only his mental state as a boy had been revealed, he may not have come to power.

I forgot the details, but he hated humanity so he just didn't care what he did to it.

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Self-hate on a grand scale, I presume.