1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My TMS pain-gone

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Japanesefan, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Japanesefan

Japanesefan New Member

On June 14, I had played a video game a bit too long. The next day I woke up with Carpal Tunnel symptoms. Like shooting pains in the arms, numbness in the same fingers as it talks about and so on.

I honestly thought I had developed Carpal Tunnel. For the last 2 months, I had been in pain totally scared to touch a computer key and bang, a shooting pain would go up my arm.

What TMS does it shows chronic pain in our day to day lives and creates symptoms.

For example, I suffer from miagranes and I think, "Oh, I haven't had a miagrane for a good bit." What it does is create the symptoms of something but they are physological.

The last couple days I was reading about this- it actually made sense to me. And yesterday, a lot of my symptoms went away.

I used a laptop today and there was a bit of pain, I told myself though, "it is just in my head." And suprisingly, it went away within a minute. Just don't think about it. I am using wrist pads for the time being.

I was so scared, I have 2 online classes for school this year and it would've been a problem to have these.

The brain is powerful. It is the cause and body effect. The symptoms are real but not truly there if that made sense.

Try not to think about them, it may take longer but will get better.

My hand is still throbbing a bit but I tell my brain, "okay, it is just TMS- it isn't real." And the throbbing calms down.

I had done so many things thinking it was Carpal Tunnel and nothing helped. So, I am happy I learned about TMS and I'm relieved to know I did not just suddenly get Carpal Tunnel.

I had thought last night, "okay, I am creating these symptoms. The throbbing will go away and so will the numbness and the pain." It wasn't as bad and it is going away.

I leaned Carpal Tunnel takea years to develop and not suddenly overnight.

This experince has made me appericate my wrists a lot more.

So don't think about the symptoms. You are in control :)

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Japanesefan. Dr. Sarno says there is no such thing as Carpal Tunnel syndrome...
    The media has made us think it exists. It's just wrist, hand pain caused by TMS,
    from repressed emotions or our perfectionist/goodist personality.

Don't read or believe what Doctor Google says about Carpel Tunnel.

3. Japanesefan

Japanesefan New Member