1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My TMS Journey

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, May 26, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

TMS is the way to heal.
    Look at how many high ranked doctors are accepting and proving it -- calling for paradigm shifts because this knowledge penicillin is the truth. Just knowing that low back pain is only second to the common cold is mind blowing. This alone tells you it's something more than our bodies falling apart and 85% of all back pain has no physical cause. Wow.

It was most definitely puzzling. I had to get inside my head that I was doing this to myself, but how?

I learned to reframe the meaning of the pain by thinking psychological and focusing on feeling my emotions or feeling the feelings as Gordon's program states. I learned to be very aware of my negative reactions and how I talked to myself.
    I learned self compassion and then I learned to heal. It was the most enlightening time in my life to know that my mind will truly give me what I ask of it by the words of my emotions.

Also, we can never forget the power of fear and doubt when we think we have some deadly thing that is about to happen to us just because we have developed pain somewhere in our body. We simply need to stop giving any and all pain that kind of attention. I mean, would you go back and watch a scary movie that gave you bad emotions over and over and over again? No, you wouldn’t, but that is exactly what we do when we are being bit by the TMS bug.

I simply can’t say enough about how Alans program has helped me though, like the outcome independence. When I read that I simply thought this is so cool, I don’t have to check to see when the pain is there or not and I went bike riding for 8 miles that day. And sure enough when I got back home the pain wasn’t a throbbing pain like it usually was because I wasn't worried if it was going to be there or not.

Eventually I learned it was my tension and stress or pressure I put on myself and I also learned I was doing it unconsciously with my mind the night I felt the healing flow all through my back, shoulder, and the rest of my body.
    I had meditated and became aware of my unconscious habits so much that I actually got to the point that I controlled the pain right out of my back in one night after many months of reconditioning. I had no doubt at all after this phase that TMS healing was the king in healing, period.

One doctor said it was a physiological reaction to a psychological cause. That was confirmed the night I felt my mind healing my body.

Norman Cousins once said, “It isn’t dying that is the worst in life -- it is living and dying on the inside that is the worst in life.” That holds true for us TMSers too. We just simply have to learn to be happy with all that we are without a doubt.

Then the focus, oh how I used to focus on every nick and nack that happened to me. No wonder I was in such pain as much power I was giving that pain by my laser-like focus. To know that we don’t have to focus on the pain in fear or judgement is a powerful concept for sure.

I eventually over time started to know what the purpose of the pain was, it was to protect me from my own inner tension and turmoil that I was doing to myself. Wherever I would go in the past I would always have these thoughts -- what if I mess up? what if they don’t like me? how can I ever measure up to their standards?

This went over and over and over again in my mind till I learned that was the culprits making me hurt, right under my nose -- unconsciously.

It was just bad habits that no one had ever told me was hurting me. My body was saying no, it’s enough and the pain came on. When I learned the truth the truth set me free.
    We know the truth now and we have the answers. No one, and I mean no one, should have to suffer anymore. We now have the cure.

Birdie, Colly, Forest and 2 others like this.
  2. sarah430

sarah430 Peer Supporter

One of the best posts I've read on TMS. Really hits home. Thank you!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Is there an 'OMG you've just blown my mind' button? EXCELLENT post Herbie! Sarah I'm with you:)

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Herbie, I really like your analogy that we wouldn't watch a scary movie over and over again
    so why do we replay our fear and doubt over and over again?

Hi Colly. Herbie really does a great job of explaining TMS healing.

5. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Walt! Yes I totally agree. I can barely watch a scary movie even ONCE, and yet have allowed myself to replay the TMS horror show over in my head - what a silly sausage I've been!

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

We're all silly sausages when it comes to playing the TMS Horror Show.

I find it helps to tell myself there's noting to fear. There usually really isn't.