1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My TMS has officially left the building

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by SFscribe, Apr 4, 2016.

1. SFscribe

SFscribe Peer Supporter

I'm very happy to report that one year after my lower back "went out" in a very dramatic way (and for the first time ever in my 42 years of life) during a stressful job transition period, and two months after reading Healing Back Pain (and after a three or four relapses/recurrences) my TMS is officially gone. Last week I played soccer ON TURF six days in a row with zero pain. Today I went jogging on cement for 45 minutes, and nothing. Now sitting at my computer in the worst posture possible, hunched over and everything -- absolutely nothing. :)

Ellen, MWsunin12, giantsfan and 5 others like this.
  2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Woohoo! Congrats on a spectacular success, SF!
    Don't panic if one day the symptoms recur, or migrate elsewhere. Just do the same things you did this time. dancea

3. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

WOW!!!! Amazing stuff, congrats!!!!! Remember to write this stuff down so you'll know TMS symptoms are a bunch of bull.

Just curious, is the SF in your user name for San Francisco?

4. SFscribe

SFscribe Peer Supporter

Thanks, Gigi! Oh yeah - I'm sure it will find a way back at some point, but now I will know exactly what it is and how to deal with it.

5. SFscribe

SFscribe Peer Supporter

Thanks! Yup - stands for SF. I see you are in SF, too? Go GIANTS!

giantsfan likes this.
  6. SFscribe

SFscribe Peer Supporter

As an update, yesterday I spent half an hour throwing my 70-pound, 9-year-old niece onto the couch from a distance of 10 feet, then played indoor soccer on a hardcourt. This morning - nothing at all. It was funny because while I was throwing my niece my dad, who's had back problems his whole life, said, "Your uncle's back is gonna go out!" And I thought, "No it won't. Why would it?"