1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My TMS Experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by levfin003, Aug 12, 2016.

1. levfin003

levfin003 Peer Supporter

Dear All,

I used to be a regular member here last year when I was struggling with TMS in the neck, that had severely affected my life. With a bit of journaling and some private therapy, I was able to completely resolve my symptoms. Today, I am living a life that I could not imagine last year.

As I reflect on my TMS experience, I do realize that I have a pain-prone personality. I am both Fear-Prone and a Perfectionist. I put so much pressure on myself that everyday life is really difficult for me. On top of that, I have PTSD from severe childhood abuse. Another thing I realize is that I am always prone to TMS.

A few months ago, I started interviewing for a job in Chicago. I have never lived in such cold weather before. This created a fear in my mind that the Chicago winters would trigger my back pain. Lo and behold, I started getting sciatica symptoms that continue, although mildly. Then, a few days ago, I was taking an online Health & Safety class at work. When I reached the session about injuries from regular use of mouse, my hand started hurting. Long story short, I have managed to bring pain in two different parts of my body, just by thinking about it.