1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. BruceMC is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 My strong " broken" back

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Norrie, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Norrie

Norrie New Member

So I am having a serious TMS Episode but I got lax took my improvement last November and ran with it doing nothing to eradicate the TMS happy with just a reduction in pain. So I am here till it is gone completely. One good this is on the question on physical activity , compared to the last time I did the program my response is night and day. Lat time I spoke of hiking and wanting to go out for longer and hoping to go to the gym one day. Now I am weight lifting !!! thats right I had a L4-L5 double fracture and I have 6 pedicular permanent screws holding my back together and I am dead lifting 70kg and squating 95kg . I had not lifted a coal scuttle for over 20 plus years now I am lifting my doberman 45kg and boxes the same as any normal person with no back pain from any of it. Yet If I sit for long my lower back and neck kick in as normal - my mind going through the pattern matching of " well dose'nt our back die from sitting?? yes ? Great well lets crank up the pain ....about now" So How can I lift massive weights with no problem yet sitting is excruciating ? TMS It is one sneaky clever cookie. But I am on to it .

JanAtheCPA likes this.