1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 My story

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lidsmichelle, May 9, 2019.

1. Lidsmichelle

Lidsmichelle New Member

My story starts 3 months ago with unexplained left-sided sciatic pain at work. A trip to the ER with a manager the next day led to a clear MRI and a “diagnosis” of left-sided sciatic pain and low back pain.

I was recommended to a place that does PT, massage, and chiropractic. I received all three treatments for two months, with no results, and chiropractic for 2 1/2 with no long term results.

I currently and from near the beginning have suffered from bilateral piriformis/glute pain, though predominantly on the left side.

To add to this, I have had ailments my entire life. Stomach aches from anxiety as a child, and I was a victim of childhood sexual assault as well as a list of abusive friendships over the years well into my teens. Vulvodynia at 20 which coincided with a month long panic attack.

I started having leg problems like pain, when I started working retail.

At 24 I had right side glute pain that lasted months before disappearing mysteriously after several months. It came on during a stressful position at work and during an abusive relationship.

This last pain I have suffered came on in the aftermath of leaving the abusive person after a year and a half. I was suffering suicidal ideation and struggling with PTSD.

There currently is still no actual diagnosis for what is wrong with me, though I have been being pushed through treatment for low back strain.

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Good luck!

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome @Lidsmichelle. It sounds like you are in the right place, so good job for finding us! And keep us posted!

~Jan