1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

My "Rocky" Moment

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by joseph32, Dec 19, 2013.

1. joseph32

joseph32 Peer Supporter

Today, I decided to dress in heavy sweats with gloves and a hat and tackle the sledding hill near my house. There is a lot of snow on the ground which made it even more challenging. I ran up that bad boy hard 5 times and was breathing as if I had smoked for ten years (I am not a smoker). The hill can be tiring just walking up. I then ran home. No pain to the back while doing this. Funny, because I could then sit for too long and feel the pain. So funny how this TMS works. I can also touch my palms to the ground with no problems. I am so happy to know nothing structural is wrong, just need to get to the bottom of the junk!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey, Joseph. Your day sledding on the snowy hill is a wonderful success story.
    Dr. Sarno and Steve Ozanich say the pain from sitting too long is just more TMS.
    You may have conditioned yourself to believe sitting for long periods causes you the pain,
    but it probably doesn't. It's just another repressed emotion.

Maybe try telling your unconscious mind the pain has nothing to do with sitting too long.
    Of course, it's also always good to get up and take short breaks. Stretch or walk.

"The bottom of the junk" is to be found in journaling to learn more repressed emotions.
    Most of us have more of them than we realize.

3. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Epic!

joseph32 likes this.
  4. joseph32

joseph32 Peer Supporter

Walt: Yes, I have been journaling lately. It doesn't come easy for me and also noticed the pain increased first couple times, which I guess is a good sign.

5. joseph32

joseph32 Peer Supporter

This is awesome Gigalos! Now I want to run it again! Eye of the Tiger!