1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

My plan

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by lina82, Dec 13, 2014.

1. lina82

lina82 Peer Supporter

Hello!
    I started working with my TMS a few days ago and I created a plan for myself that I want to share with you. This is it:

- I will follow the SEP program for 6 weeks.

- I will listen to myself and (try to) put myself first.

- I will accept help from my boyfriend and friends in my process.

- I will regularly give myself love and appreciation for working on this.

- I will just do what is needed according to the program and then let it go, every day.

- I will do qi gong every day.

- I will take a walk of at least 20 min every day.

What do you think about it? I'm afraid that I would push myself too hard (even with the healing process...) but I will try to do this and hopefully I can also include activities that would make me forget about the pain.

What is your plan?

2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

I think your plan is good. But there isn't certain things you should do. Keep gaining knowledge and find what works best for you. Beware of putting to much on your plate which can be enraging cause you have to follow this certain schedule. Could be potential let down to enrage the child (ID) inside. I would go with the flow of life and find what works everyone is different.

Ryan

mike2014 likes this.
  3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree with Ryan above.

I would add to the list:

If I don't do all the things in my plan all the time, I will forgive myself and acknowledge that life doesn't always go as expected.

I will be flexible and go with the flow as needed.

mike2014 and Anne Walker like this.
  4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Excellent plan, but as Ryan and Ellen have pointed out, please be S.M.A.R.T with the work load you take on, otherwise you may be putting too much pressure on yourself which could be counter-productive.

Sometimes, less work over a long period of time is more beneficial than a lot in a short space of time and it will mean the knowledge you have gained will slowly but surely be written to your unconscious mind. Secondly, chart your progress within the 6 weeks, but remember healing occurs at different time for different people, so be mindful, but not disappointed if it may take longer.

Good luck on your journey - Be gentle and loving of yourself, knowing learning is healing.

God bless,

Mike