1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My pain prior to my surgery

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by tpatel2226, Oct 22, 2015.

1. tpatel2226

tpatel2226 New Member

Hello everyone,
    I hope you all are feeling better today than yesterday.

I unfortunately am not. My first week was ok. My second week was a bit worse and now that I am starting my third week, I am feeling a ton of pain. Nothing has changed physically or emotionally in my life. I have been taking all the advice and taking all the steps to combat TMS. I'm not giving up but I am a bit confused.

I one big question I have is why do I have more pain than I did before my 2 surgeries? I have had all the same stress, work issues, family issues, and life issues negative and positive before my surgeries and I had less pain then than now. So I am pondering if I really do have TMS or is there something really wrong with my lower back. The confusing thing is that all the diagnostic test show nothing negative. Sometimes I think it may be a scar tissue issue. Whe I bend 10 degrees it starts to hurt the most.

Can anyone give me some advice or insight. Thank you so much and I hope you all stay strong and feel better.

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Once they go in with the knife it's hard to know. A muscle can only stretch 90% of what it could prior to surgery. Scar tissues and adhesion may cause pain. However, after you have fully recovered from surgery, working with a physical therapist or an experienced personal trainer to stretch those muscle can really help.

How do I know this?

After me mesh-free hernia surgery I began working with a personal trainer. As I began to work with heavier and heavier weights and doing gecko walks and planks and more I noticed pain and discomfort at the site of surgery. I checked with my surgeon who assured me there was nothing to worry about. All that work out was stretching the tissue that were cut and sewed together. He told me keep at it and I would be fine. And I was.

So when your surgeon says you can, start PT and see.

Take care,

3. tpatel2226

tpatel2226 New Member

Hi Fred,
    Thank for sharing your experience. I will take you advice and try to stretch out the area.