1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. MatthewNJ is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

My pain i constantly shifting places

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Wheelchair, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Wheelchair

Wheelchair New Member

My pain was in the mid back when i started the program 3 days back, it then went to upper back yesterday, Mid back i had pain but not so significant, like i was able to sit for 20-30 minutes without back support while before starting the program it wasn't even possible to sit for 5 mins. Now today it has moved too my neck, i've a cold burning sensation around my neck, i've to bend my neck forward so i don't feel significant distraction. Is this a sign of my brain desperate attempt to stop me from my repressed emotions. Am i too close to my repressed emotions, Not able to remember the entire instances. I'm just reminding my concious mind i'm not afraid to the pain, i won't get distracted, this is just tms. What else should i do and also i'm pretty much digging through my history to find exactly what emotions am i repressing and i feel like its mostly anger and shame(fear). How do i get them out, often time lipsing the word 'WHY' repeatedly makes me angry and i feel that i working for me to release repressed emotions. I also look at mirror to myself to talk to my mind that everything is fine, it's okay to fear, it's okay to be afraid. What else should i do??

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, this is what Dr. Sarno called the Symptom Imperative. It's proof of TMS.
    Have patience, do one program at a time, and don't rush through it! You will get there IF you are willing to slow down and let the lessons sink in. For you, I definitely recommend the SEP, and to do only one day at a time.

Desperation and rushing things will NOT lead to recovery.

nowa and TG957 like this.