1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My own little success...!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by UkAdR, Apr 8, 2014.

1. UkAdR

UkAdR Peer Supporter

As I work more and more on my TMS, I am trying to focus on the improvements over a period of time.

I really wanted to share this success with others. Since August I have been on at least 4, sometimes 6 co-codamoltablets a day. I really felt I needed them.

Now almost everyday I only need 2. I still haven't built up yet to not needing any, but as my confidence in the diagnosis grows I am sure that I will get there.

This may not seem like much to some, but the growing dependence on the pain medication was one of my biggest worries and I hate taking them. Reducing this much while still increasing my activity and overall energy levels has been brilliant and is my current success dancea

Thanks for letting me share

Adam

LindaRK, Enrique, Ellen and 1 other person like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Adam. It's wonderful that you've been able to reduce the number of pain killing tablets you take.
    Keep working on TMS causes and you'll soon be off of it completely.

I'm going to look up that medication to learn more about it.

I just read about it and it's just what doctors recommend for pain if ibuprofen or aspirin doesn't help.
    I guess it's not that strong a medication.

I hope you're also working on TMS causes for the pain... repressed emotions and/or personality such
    as perfectionist, obsessing, wanting to be liked by everyone all the time.

We like you and all the time, too.

UkAdR likes this.
  3. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

Excellent news Adam. dancea

I used to hate having to rely on painkillers. Although I found they never made any difference. I stopped taking amitriptyline just before I discovered John Sarnos work. I have only had about 2 tablets in the last two months, the only reason being is they are great for a good night sleep and I had a couple of bad nights sleep but that's all.

Its definitely something to be proud and pleased about. Hopefully as time goes on you can cut down until your off them altogether.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Richsimm. glad you haven't been taking anything for sleep in the past two months.

In bed, I do deep breathing, say a mantra, and/or count backwards from 100 to 1
    which keeps me in the moment so my mind doesn't wander onto anything stressful.