1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

My new TmS trick. Try it!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ftaghn!, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Ftaghn!

Ftaghn! Peer Supporter

I've been trying something lately that's been working really well for me. I figured that since journaling helped uncover things we aren't feeling, and that I couldn't always journal, I could instead do "instant-journaling" in my head during the day. So when I have downtime, my process is this:

• List events of the day/week, people, things in my mind.
    • Ask myself "How do I feel about that?"
    • Explore those feelings, then move on to the next event/thing.

The technique is essentially the question. I feel like it plays a role similar to the journaling list, where it helps us put the problem into structure before trying to address it. Otherwise, I just breeze through my days, perpetually detached from my emotional experiences. I'm curious to see if it works for others too.

Boston Redsox likes this.