1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My message to my brain:

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by GatorAlley, Oct 8, 2020.

1. GatorAlley

GatorAlley Newcomer

First off, I am a recent "discover" of TMS.
    I hope to post my full story in a later thread, as I'm just now at the beginning of my TMS journey/recovery.

I read Dr. Sarno's "Healing Back Pain" this past weekend and then visited a therapist yesterday -- and by the end of that initial 60-minute session I feel that I uncovered something that was first planted in my subconscious over 30 years ago, and something that has affected many aspects of my life ever since.

Anyway, like I said, I hope to post more on all of that later.

BUT --- for now, I just wanted to share what I've been telling my brain over the past 24 hours.
    Essentially, "I'm on to you".

-- I am aware of the issue, and it no longer needs to be repressed.
    -- I know that you have been trying to help, but that is no longer needed.
    -- What I want is the oxygen levels returned to where they are supposed to be.
    -- I'm on to you.

Funny, but that phrase was stuck in my mind this morning -- and I recalled an obscure song from wayyy back in the 80s.
    I looked it up, and it was from an 80s "hair metal" band called Hurricane.
    I cued it up on Youtube, and it was uncanny how some of the lyrics applied to the TMS/brain relationship.

Yes, it's cheesy rock/metal music... and the singer is talking about a woman.... but still -- I feel that some of the words apply to TMS and the brain just the same, so I just wanted to share it in case anyone was looking for a "fight song" to pump them up in their battle with their pain.

Here are some of the lyrics, just for reference:

you're in trouble
    And you'd better think twice...

I'm on to you
    I won't be a fool
    Can't you see how hard I try
    To keep you satisfied...

What I wanna know is
    What you want with me
    You've got my attention
    But not my sympathy...

I'm on to you
    I won't be a fool
    I don't wanna hear your lies
    Being victimized...
    I'm never gonna be your fool

///

Good luck to everyone out there fighting.
    Keep the faith; that's what I'm going to try and do, one little step at a time.

Link to the song, in case anyone's interested:

HattieNC, jennyc19 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I love this @GatorAlley, and welcome to the forum! We will look forward to your continue participation welcomea

GatorAlley likes this.