1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

my limping worries me

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by El mimo, Jun 24, 2014.

1. El mimo

El mimo New Member

hi!

im not used to post here.
    i have been having problems with my lower back 15 minth ago. MRi and everything indicated a slipped disc. i am from argentina but im studying in sweden for 2 years. the pain there got worse until i started getting information of tms last march (in the 11th month of the problem).
    since then i have up and downs, but for sure the thing is not gettign worse. that is the thing that makes me think it is not structural.

the thing is that now im visiting argentina during my summer holidays (in sweden, here is winter...) and i have managed quite ok to do my life as usual. but yesterday my girlfriend told me that she sees that im limping. i explained her that i think that it is related to my fear of the tms problem... but actually i got really worried. for example, i ask myself if the reason that the pain is not that hard now is because my body has started a new standing and walking position. i see my self in the mirror and im at some point not in a straight line but in a posture with my hip going to the right and my upper body to the left...
    im quite frustrated so today i resumed the tms treatment (left it in day 23 a month a go)
    pls i would really like someone to share a similar experience. what should i do? im really angry that this persists for 15 month now...

thank you so much

Ivan

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

So your Tms is limping and pain in your back, right? I had the same problem. You would do good to lose any fear with this problem ok. If you worry with the problem then you give it power through neural pathways that will build and give you more of the same problem. All you have to do is stop fearing this issue and get your mind on other things that are more beneficial.
    Thinking about your emotions that you have tied to the problem will be your first line of work. So you fear the problem, well Dr. Abraham low said this " Nervous symptoms and sensations are distressing but not dangerous "
    So with that being said its better if you focus on those emotions till you feel them then let the fear and worry go ok. See we think we always feel our emotions but that's usually not the case, when we actually do focus on our emotions they can sometimes get stronger but then they will often dissipate. But if we don't focus on the emotions and only think "could this problem be structural" and actually think structural instead of emotionally then we just feed the problem.
    You will do good to start the Tms Recovery Program so you can learn more about what I'm saying ok.
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program

Thanks and ask away what you want to after you study the program ok, it's free so take your time and learn it well, you will recover.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ivan. Herbie's advice is what I suggest, too. Work on losing all fear about the limping and back pain. Tell yourself it's only temporary and because of TMS... from repressed emotions or perhaps a perfectionist and "goodism" personality.

The TMS Recovery Program is wonderful and has helped a lot of people.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.