1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 My Journey Til Now

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lidsmichelle, May 16, 2019.

1. Lidsmichelle

Lidsmichelle New Member

Thus far the most success I’ve had with managing my pain has come from this program and a similar program, curable.

It’s not been easy for me - I am not recommended for this program as someone with depression, anxiety, and potentially PTSD. However I am monitoring myself, and if it starts to do more harm than good I will see if I can get my counselor to help me with the program.

I have found addressing my body to help the most with pain flare ups - which I now notice often correspond to my stress level rising on things I currently have little power to change.

I have had a significant reduction in pain since starting. I hope with time (and continued effort for the rest of my life to be mindful of my emotions) that it stays permanent.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

It is so good that you see the correspondence between flare ups and your stress about things. This is the core of tms (imho) the other thing is how to deal with stuff you have no control over - some times we can change our reactions or remove ourselves from situations. I have cut people out of my life that i find toxic, others i avoid as much as possible (toxic family!!) and I found that sometimes just choosing not to give a fig about a situation was a better route to take. We can use energy stressing about stuff we cannot control - whether in our families/friends or in politice/environment etc. Do what you can and let the rest look after itself - it is quite freeing!