1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

My horoscope

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by yb44, Feb 1, 2013.

1. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I read my horoscope in the Sunday paper, more out of habit than anything else. Within seconds I have forgotten what I had just read. Once in while I hit on an interesting one. The above was my horoscope for this past week but could have been written for me at any time. I think it could have been written for quite a few of us on this forum whether we were born under the sign of Aries or not.

I had noticed myself getting quite incensed at work over the last few months about decisions managers were making that were negatively affecting me and others, mainly others. I would listen to colleagues complain. I couldn't tell them what to do, couldn't fix it for them. I could only listen. However I was still getting myself all tensed up. Is it any wonder that just before the Christmas holiday I became ill with a bad virus and started to feel pain again in some of my old sites along with some new ones? I have used self-talk effectively in the past but this time my brain is not taking the hint.

This horoscope is also ironic in that it proposes that I act the way I am trained to act in my job, in my interactions with my client group. Listen, empathise, give them some tools and leave them to create their own solutions. Can I practice what I preach?

There is also a great deal of tension at home. Communication is difficult amongst family members. Much stewing in juices. I would love to fix the situation but it is not within my power to do this. I can only work at fixing myself and leave the others to their own devices, as the horoscope says.

Leslie likes this.