1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 38 My first full day without pain in months!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MusicMan11, Aug 16, 2018.

1. MusicMan11

MusicMan11 Peer Supporter

Today was the first day in months that I didn't have any sinus pain pain, pressure or a headache as well as anxiety.

It was really weird, I was talking to a friend about how she could use TMS tactics to approach her severe Lyme disease last night while I had a headache that I was ignoring. I went to bed and had a really weird dream showing me the birth of my future son and future daughter (bizarre since I am single and not even close to there yet).

During the dream. I woke up with severe burning in my esophagus/chest which felt like severe acid reflux/heartburn which I have never had in my life. I panicked a bit while in bed and had a coughing fit. I almost let it trigger anxiety but then I applied Claire Weekes' "face, accept, float and let it pass" technique and just stayed in bed comfortably going in an out of sleep. I thought to myself, what bothered me about that dream? I came to the sense that all of my best friends are starting to have kids and I am a bit angry/jealous/sad that I am not even close to there yet and it's hard to be happy for them just because it's the "appropriate" emotion to feel.

I still had the heart burn/chest cold feeling all day at work, but absolutely no pain in my head at all and no anxiety. I just ignored the heartburn (and was a bit guilty of looking up other's story on this forum with heartburn/reflux to see what their experience was).

It doesn't seem like a lot, but it felt amazing to go a whole day without any headache or pressure. Normally it goes in and out all day. I am adding this to my evidence sheet that I CAN have days without pain and believe more in the fact that my body is trying to heal myself.

freedomseeker, Lizzy and westb like this.
  2. westb

westb Well known member

Well done. Breaking down the meaning of that powerful dream and the feelings behind it is a big step.

I don't see too much of a problem with looking at others' experience with dealing with similar symptoms here on the forum, certainly at the beginning of your journey to heal TMS, providing it doesn't take precedence over actually living your life. I certainly have done that, it helps to reassure me that my own symptoms are almost certainly TMS and that I belong here and above all that there is a way through.