1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 My first day

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Anshushakti, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Anshushakti

Anshushakti New Member

It was a usual saturday afternoon and my seventh month of suffering from mild low back pain. In these 7 months i tried almost everything. My MRI told " disc space reduced between l4-l5 incomplete segmentation". Doctors told me it is a disc anomaly since my childhood and this might or might not be rUeason of pain. I was juat wondering if this is the reason why the hell i never got pain till now.I was convinced that my pain is 40% due to psychological issues as i was taking this very seriousely. But when i came across TMS i convinced that my pain is 100% psychological effect. I started reading the book healing back pain read a few pages and then started looking for summary.I understood the summary quickly and next day went to play my favourite sport cricket which i was miasing badly. I was the top scorer and i bowled couple of overs. I was tired but still went to roam around the city and drove approx 30 kms. Now i was waiting for night. I slept, wokeup in the morning,did yoga, hanged my laptop bag on my back and unbelievable....It was my best day in last 7 months.. i sat on office chair without any pain. This was miracle and my believe became stronger.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Anshushatki, You are doing great. Belief in your pain being caused by TMS emotions is already working for you. The SEProgram will help you to discover the repressed emotions causing your back pain. Dr. Sarno says an MRI may indicate disc problems but like your doctor said, that may not cause pain. That is from your subconscious which wants you to discover those emotions. Playing cricket is also great. The more you can exercise, the better. It will not make your pain worse. Keep doing the SEProgram, even as you heal. Let us know how you progress.