1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My cpps journey

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KobeJordan, May 25, 2022.

1. KobeJordan

KobeJordan Newcomer

I have suffered from what is called CPPS or (chronic pelvic pain syndrome) for the last year and a half. I have seen improvement in my condition once I learned how much the mind plays a role in recovery. For the first year my pain was significant when I thought there was something medically and physically wrong with me.

Today, the pain comes and goes but is most prominent when feeling anxious about it. Social settings where I feel I can’t escape from makes my pain go up like sitting in a restaurant or going to someone’s house to watch hockey. Many times, ill get home after such social events and the pain will be much more manageable or almost completely gone.

My pain today is much better than it has been with some days being very manageable or zero pain (very rare), but others can be very bothersome. Id, say I have a 90% acceptance of the TMS diagnosis because I do feel better when my mind is in a good place but when I have a bad day and doubt that something else is wrong with me my pain can be very bad again. I hope joining this forum can get be back to 100%.

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Hello. I experience the same thing regarding social situations. My lower abdomen often ends up hurting very badly, to the point my muscles almost spasm. It goes away relatively quickly after I leave. In my case, it is some combination of brain-created pain and my tendency to unconsciously tense up my abdominal muscles. If you go through the SEP program, that should help you build the confidence you need. Good luck!