1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

my brain, exercise and tms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Dec 12, 2019.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

so i had a workout this monday and was unsure what variation of an exercise i wanted to pick. after searching info i decided to do one of the variations. heres the thing, i video taped myself doing it and was unsure if i did it correctly, so i ask people and even tho i did good, i could bend a bit more.

don’t remember well if i started to have low back pain after performing the exercise, but i had it after exercising and it went away and came back that day (if i remember correctly), the next day i don’t even think i had low back pain and yesterday i had in the morning.

the thing is, i also squatted and video taped me and saw i was curving my lower back, so if anything, the low back pain was due to squatting and not the other variation exercise i was performing and tbh, i know the pain was 100% tms work and not the exercise.

heres the thing, since i was looking into variations, now i want to try another one that people usually do, but my mind is saying that i’m a quitter and quitting because i had pain in the lower back when performing it (tbh, i don’t rememeber if i did exactly had pain during or right after doing that exercise, but i know it was tms if i had the pain anyways) and that i should continue even tho i know it’s tms.

now i’m overthinking with anxiety, because i want to do certain exercise, but my mind wants me to do the one that could cause pain even tho i know it’s tms and i don’t actually mind doing it, but i also have to admit that i have a bit of feeling of fear from doing it. i also wanted to try another variation, but yeah it’s like my mind says continue since you actually don’t mind doing it and know the pain is tms.

i also this thought that i should perform the exercise to make sure it’s tms.

i’m talking this to my therapist, but idk if she knows about tms tho. i mentioned it to her once, but she didn’t said anything about it from what i remember

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019