1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 32 My big mistake enraged me : analyze, what to do, feasibility

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ChronicVince, Mar 18, 2023.

1. ChronicVince

ChronicVince Peer Supporter

Context
    I was working on a big recap email to my most important person in healthcare sector that can help me about my project to work for french TMSer . I worked so hard at it, and with so much pressure, that I stopped late to go for an appointment, and forgot to click on "Send" button. And I discovered that 1 month afterwards !!!

Rage
    I was so enraged about my self, told me I'm an idiot, that I missed all opportunities, that I could never make it anymore before my second child will be born... That I again put too much pressure with myself, and miss an inexcusable final part. That what he will think about me : he is not serious, I cannot trust him, he is not good enough, he does not seriously work at this project. I rushed to read it again, add a "sorry part" at the top and send it with keep complaining about this to myself and to my wife and friends.

Analyse
    I realise writing that, that I was very hard with me, and let enter and grow a lot of negative automatic thoughts, that I amplified with ruminating and speaking with others.

Ideas
    Maybe I should have stopped, breathe, let emotion arised and felt it, think why, and what appropriate response I want to make about it on me inside and with the outside.
    - inside : take care of my inner child, you have the right to some failures, you're still great and loveable; plus let thougths passed and do not "enter the train" by continuing to think and do what I was doing juste before.
    - outside : I can share my feeling once at a few persons

Really possible?
    Not very convince I am capable of doing this entirely (to not say "perfectly" ha ha :D), but happy to know how to analyze it. And I hope by this SEP program and keep writing it, it will stick deep in my gut level ! And maybe I already applied it a little unconsciously...

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Been there, @ChronicVince, done this many times :facepalm:

Yep, all we can do is forgive ourselves for not being perfect, and move on as best we can ;)

ChronicVince likes this.