1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My 600 LB Life

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mdh157, Mar 25, 2015.

1. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

Anyone else ever see this show? I seem to notice a lot of those affected have emotional issues they carry from childhood, and very rarely do you see that doctor try to deal with that prior to the bariatric surgery he performs. Hence, it does not surprise me that the success rate isn't very high.

I have thought this is prob TMS manifesting itself as an eating disorder.........has anyone else noticed this?

2. Peggy

Peggy Well known member

Yes, I watch that show. I would say they definitely have issues that haven't been dealt with. They have issues in their tissues! When I watched the show I always thought they need counselling as well, every week, or group therapy like a 12 step program. I have seen one of them go to counselling. Makes for good drama on TV though. I like the Biggest Looser as well, and they are dealing with the issues psychologically. I think they have figured that part out.

Yea, so all of that could be TMS, it seems we don't think of excess weight as TMS, but I definitely think it is emotional which makes it TMS.

3. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

its incredible in this day and age people who are obese are operated on. people are addicted to food and for good reason. Huge industries make it their business to addict you and sugar has similar effects on the brain compared to cocaine!
    I could go on but they may be obese due to comfort eating and emotional conditioning but its the type of food/lack of education that results in people weighing 600lb.

Markus likes this.
  4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Marijuana gives me the munchies, and all this time I thought it was medicine.

Markus likes this.