1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with BruceMC as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Muscle pull....TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Kathryn85, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Kathryn85

Kathryn85 Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has had experience of their TMS pain starting with what felt like a muscle being pulled? I can find references to popping and cracking sounds being common at the onset of TMS pain (to make it more convincing that injury has taken place) but not much about other sensations.

Thank you in advance.

Kathryn

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kathryn. I haven't any experience with muscle pulls, but it sounds to me like TMS. Try not to think it is structural. It probably is not and any pain will go away in hours or a few days.

3. Kathryn85

Kathryn85 Newcomer

Thanks Walt. I appreciate all the encouragement you have given me so far.

fredb likes this.
  4. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

I keep pulling my upper back, the lower trap or rhomboid, often when I hardly even move. I think I hold all my tension in that area and the pull is how it manifests itself.

5. Kathryn85

Kathryn85 Newcomer

Thank you for your replies.

I found this today on page 347 of The Great Pain Deception...

'Hamstring pull - though it feels like a pulled muscle, it is more often blood withdrawing to key muscles on the back of the leg - a cramp from tension'

Only a small reference but I guess this suggests that TMS can feel like a pulled muscle!

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Steve is the man. He's been through all that TMS can throw at anyone, so I would believe what he says about a pulled muscle being another symptom of TMS. Keep working on your TMS emotions and that pain will go away.

7. Kathryn85

Kathryn85 Newcomer

Thanks Walt :)