1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Symptoms

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Lavoris, Nov 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lavoris

Lavoris New Member

ok so tinnitus cystitis and nerve pain and hand burning. Doc says it all sound odd, but this is all TMS right? It does get aggravated by over activity or certain foods. Anybody else have a pileup that’s affected by physical activity or stimuli? I’m working this thing and trying to live and relax at the same time but I agree the holidays are HARD! I spent Thanksgiving, which used to be my favorite holiday moving through a myriad of symptoms and had the same experience on my birthday! Hard to handle and more celebrations coming up. I am trying not to romanticize people around me not being in this situation but I see them carefree and laughing the way I used to be. Not all the time of course I’m not naive, but in breaks. Breaks that made the other stuff bearable. This thing is always there in some form or another. I am keeping on w the work and moving forward and telling myself that I too will laugh like that at another birthday or holiday and that I just have to move through this. It’s hard when nearly everything triggers me! My parents voices, traumatic memories, financial problems, life in a big city! I want a break! What’s up w these strange symptoms piling up? Anybody else have them?

2. JoeHealingTms

JoeHealingTms Peer Supporter

That is the call of the rat race. The somehow imposed duty of having a "Holiday" and entertain people and yourself. Yes, a lot of people with TMS get strange symptoms pilling up, or just new ones when some are subdued. I think that it was not the turkey, or the holiday or the birthday. Let's talk about what really bothers you. You have identified your triggers very well. Your parents, traumatic memories, financial problems, etc. How it effects you the people that were at your birthday and thanksgiving? Why your parents voice bothers you? What are the traumatic memories? Financial problems although being heavy , are the less important in some way, because they can be fixed with time, and it is something out of your body. You could even ( in an extreme situation) declare bankruptcy and not own anything to anyone. Not that I am suggesting you do, just want to make the point that you have to attend first the emotional and whatever can be mechanically or logically fixed with a plan have to be dealt with that way. You can make your own laughing breaks, or soothing breaks, or any kind of break that you need.

Lainey likes this.
  3. Lavoris

Lavoris New Member

Gosh that’s all true. I guess I feel like everything triggers me! I have social anxiety but always worked through it even managing to relax and enjoy a party but I thing the longer this lasts the rarer that is. I isolated myself for so long. I can’t avoid everyone who triggers me but if I see them there’s such a reaction! I miss joy! I can calm myself and recover and look at those things but dammit I’m tired and want to skip and dance once in awhile like I used to. I feel like I do nothing but complain on here. I’m really all in on this and trying to find a balance I just miss hanging out and not having this! Love to all fellow travelers:)