1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Multiple Health and Psychological Conflicts

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by camera, Jun 14, 2014.

1. camera

camera Peer Supporter

I have a few different health issues. I have accepted that my health problems are all related to stress or triggers of some sort. I'm wondering if all these problems will disappear on their own or start going away one by one. I'm also wondering how much it will help psychological conflicts. Other than that, I can't say I have any glaring doubts or worries.

Thus far, I've done some reading. I've tried some journaling and other things, but I feel like it's just been exploring at this point.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

camera, welcome -- hope all is well other than the issues you have. You said you had no doubts or worries, that's great. Have you been checked by a medical Dr. to rule out any issues that could be trouble, if so your in the right place, you just need to let me know whats going on in your life and what you plan to overcome ok. We will start here . Bless You

3. camera

camera Peer Supporter

I've been going to doctors for years with no results so all that's ruled out. I had the whole host of cfs/fibro symptoms along with dissociation. Every once in a while some random symptom pops up. My annoying psychological symptoms involve obsessing over interactions with other people and difficulties with socializing and making plans for my life. I could into more details if needed.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Ok, your at the right place. Start with the SEP like your doing ok and ask all the questions you can so you can learn how to break this habit of psychological pain ok. Its a good bit to learn but if you hang and don't give up I will personally say no matter how long it takes. I will be right here with you ok. Plus you will have other great friends that will come in and give you great advice too ok. It's a combination of good people that come together and heal together and then we pass it on so you too can be free and help someone else in need.
    Bless You

Durga likes this.
  5. camera

camera Peer Supporter

I'm glad to hear that. The encouragement and support is something I look forward to.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Camera. Herbie is always so very helpful with TMS healing advice and techniques.

We all wish we were among the lucky ones who healed fast by just reading Dr. Sarno's book, Healing back Pain, but most of us took longer. I think that was good because I spent several months looking into my repressed emotions that caused anger, from childhood memories, and also my perfectionist personality and "goodism" wanting everyone to love me and approve of me. It was a journey into self-discovery and I learned a lot about myself which led to me healing from back pain.

You'll heal, too, and feel very good about yourself. You have a lot of friends here who will help you.

7. camera

camera Peer Supporter

I do look forward to learning more about myself. I'm really hoping it will bring positive changes in my life beyond my physical problems.

I've become more aware of my personality traits and brought up some of my childhood memories, but I guess there's still more work to do. It is a little frustrating feeling like I know some of these things yet I'm obviously not all the way there yet. I have to wonder, what else is there to know or work through? I guess I do have a bit of doubt or worry in that regard. I do have a lot of faith in the program, but I worry that I might have some weird circumstances that make it not work for me the way it does others.