1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Moving slow like turtle!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jamiemakena, Mar 30, 2016.

1. jamiemakena

jamiemakena New Member

My father died a month ago so I took a break this month while I was in NY. It was amazing how I had journaled multiple pages about my feeling regarding my parents getting a divorce in the morning and then was informed of his passing 3 hours later. I know if it had been reversed I could never have journaled so freely as I did. It felt like a relief and a gift from God. He had cancer and died peacefully in his sleep.

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss, and I can empathize. My Dad died 5 years ago. He died exactly as he would have wanted--quickly and with no bother to anyone. I felt bad that I wasn't there to comfort him as he died. (I lived across country from him, and my siblings were also in other states.) But I came to see the manner of his death as a blessing.
    How wonderful that you can see your dad's death as a blessing as well. Cancer can be a horrible way to die, but I'm glad his was peaceful, in his sleep.
    Prayers to you and your family.