1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bruce is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Moving Forward

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by NJFraser, Apr 27, 2013.

1. NJFraser

NJFraser New Member

After reading Dr. Sarno's book I recognized myself on so many pages. This acceptance and acknowledgment of my own situation was pretty amazing. No pain pills now for three weeks plus. That is wonderful. I have been doing lots of yard work and tell myself that I can move heavy items because I can and it will not hurt and it doesn't! The mind/body connection is pretty incredible. Now to do more work. Both on my mind/body and in the yard!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welcome NJ,
    I read The Divided Mind. I felt like a window had opened up in my mind. I have seen numerous shrinks over the years and then found an $18.00 book that told me more about myself then a lifetime of living.

I can't tell you how much snow I shoveled this winter which I had not done in years....no pain at all. Gardening has breathed life into me but I was told to stop all bending. 14 years later I can start doing it again.

Keep us updated on your progress.

JanAtheCPA likes this.