1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Moving around

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by abuglet, Jul 30, 2015.

1. abuglet

abuglet New Member

So, when I am out on walks, sometimes the pain goes to the right side, or a knee will flare, or an old foot injury will mildly flare....i know this is the mind playing tricks on me.

I will say that I am presently sitting down, sans pain, and have been doing so for a half hour...walked three miles, no problem this morning, had a good night's sleep...was in bed an hour luxuriating when I woke up, then the anxiety started, so I just visualised it as the anxiety train going by, and decided not to get on board. Anxiety disappeared. Wow.

Now I need to continue sitting to get some writing done, and then be kind to myself today...yesterday I had some very negative self talk, and I finally am starting to catch myself doing it, and just stop...maybe not get on the negative self-talk train, right?

:)

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, abuglet. You're doing great. Nice long walks and no pain. Sleeping well. I think the morning anxiety came on because you stayed in bed after you woke up. That gave your mind time to worry about things. Maybe get out of bed soon as you awake at a time you want to wakeup.

Try not to give yourself negative self-talk. Change that immediately into a positive mantra like "I feel great and like myself."

Good luck as you progress in the SEP.

3. abuglet

abuglet New Member

Thanks Walt. I now can sit during most of the morning pretty asymptomatically, but the afternoons are more difficult...not really so painful, just muscle pulling and not being relaxed. No painkillers today, not really the need, as discomfort is small. :) I am persevering, and I had another night's good sleep. So everything is going pretty well, I just need to reassure myself and stay positive and do the emotional work.

4. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Great to hear the progress abuglet. This SEP really works, I'm now nearly two weeks post SEP and am still 100% pain free, it's miraculous. Keep up the work and keep up the PMA (positive mental attitude)!

Kev