1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Movement of pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JonT, Feb 11, 2017.

1. JonT

JonT Newcomer

There has been some movement of pain in the last few weeks but it has always jumped around, and my inner right knee remains consistently the most painful place. But I have gone for three 10km bike rides in the last few weeks after not having used my bike since last April and there was enough snow in the city a few days ago that I went for a 4.5km ski tour on my backcountry skis which I hadn't used in almost 3 years. So there has definitely been improvement. I think that meditating for an hour every day has helped make a big difference for working with the pain.

2. Watermelon

Watermelon New Member

It is good that you are exercising even though you still have pain. That is pretty much how it is for me. I still have pain, but at least I am doing the things that I enjoy, like hiking and cross country skiing. Your daily meditation is great and will help you in the long run. Keep at it!

3. Lydia

Lydia Peer Supporter

Hi there, I relate very much too to meditating each day, and how it helps me to find a more satisfying inner perspective to pain. To not believe all the negative thoughts about having pain... Beautiful combination: TMS and meditation. Keep going, Jon, and enjoy life!

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, JonT. I agree that it's great you are staying active despite the pain you feel. Doctors are finally being told not to prescribe medication such as opiads for back pain. They sway the best treatment is exercise. But they still need to believe in TMS, that emotions cause pain. Meditation is another great technique for healing. Pain does commonly move around in TMS healing. Our subconscious may be satisfied that we have discovered one or more harmful emotion, so it lets up on pain in one place, and moves to another until we may have disovered all the emotions. Patience and perseverance are essential.