1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 15 Move on out

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ryan79, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Ryan79

Ryan79 Peer Supporter

During the past two weeks has your pain been moving around? How has this affected your belief in the diagnosis?

When i started exercising again I started to get pain again in my lower left hip/back area that has been off and on again for years. Typically it doesn't bother me that much and it went away again. My pain in my right wrist is pretty constant but always feels different every day. Some days it affects different aspects of my wrist, forearm, or thumb.

The moving around to different aspects of my wrist pinpoints me to more TMS than anything. Tried the cortisone shot in the wrist that did absolutely nothing. I noticed in 2011 I started to experience anxiety for the first time in my life and a variety of different ailments since. Things are starting to look up and my anxiety seems to be losing some grip.

I'm looking forward to the spring/summer season due to warmer weather. I've never tried fishing before but my children would love to try. I'm recognizing in life its easier to look forward to a task instead of dreading it. Even though I've never fished before, it'll be great spending time with them and seeing their enjoyment.

Neurobiology is fascinating and forgot how much we still do not understand about the body. The idea of Neuroplasticity is quite interesting and I'll continue to study up on the subject.

Hope transforms pessimism into optimism. Hope is invincible. Hope changes everything. It changes winter into summer, darkness into dawn, descent into ascent, barrenness into creativity, agony into joy. Hope is the sun. It is light. It is passion. It is the fundamental force for life’s blossoming.

3 things I'm grateful for today.
    1) My education. Only 300 people in my state are licensed.
    2) My two little girls who make me smile all the time.
    3) Meditation

KatheC likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ryan. Your list of reasons to be grateful are some of the best. You are passionate about your occupation, a fascinating and necessary one. Being father to two sweet little girls must be wonderful. Meditation is so important in TMS healing and living a healthy and meaningful life. Listen to me, like a guru on a mountain top!

I was never a fisherman but my father loved it. On weekend visits to lakes, he would lean his back against a shade tree, put a long stick into the water and his line would wait for a fish. While fishing, he napped. It was so relaxing to him. I hope you do go fishing and introduce it to your girls.

Ryan79 likes this.
  3. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

My "moving" pain further enforced my belief in TMS. The longer I'm doing the SEP, the more I'm having what I call new-old symptoms crop up, too (eczema breakouts I haven't had in over a decade, eye muscle twitch, etc.).
    I just had to respond to this because you said something I have been thinking for the past few days -- I can't wait for warmer weather!! Love your grateful for list. Good luck!

Ryan79 likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm in the Chicago area and it has been a mild winter but we are going to be around 60 this weekend and that will feel like spring!

Mellie, don't worry about outbreaks of new symptoms. They won't last long. The big picture is that you are going to be free of them all soon, just keep working on the SEP and journaling, but don't it stress you.