1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

motivational music

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Richsimm22, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

I was just wondering what music tracks people listen too to motivate them when they are exercising or just in general?

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't lick rock music so I do what little exercise I do while listening to polkas and waltzes. Go ahead and laugh.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I love to listen to AC/DC while walking and hitting the weights and then other times ill listen to Napoleon Hill and the Tuesday night discussions.
    If I could get all of my audible books out and put them on my mp3, I think I could, I would start listening to the audible books but the heavy grooves of the Rock Band give me energy often so its up to my emotional wants I assume at the time. Awesome Question. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    Richsimm22 likes this.
  4. Richsimm22

I have a few different track that motivate me. One is poppipolla by chicane which is the dance version to my wedding song hoppipolla (instrumental). One brainwave I had was to put john sarnos 12 daily reminders as one of my tracks. I edited it from the healing back pain audiobook so I get sarnos voice remind me as I workout.

5. UkAdR

UkAdR Peer Supporter

I love anything by Mumford and Sons, or of course, the great, legendary Stone Roses...

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I love this Richsimms22. That would be super, I always wanted to hear Sarno talk while I was healing and after I have been healed. I have a lot of respect for him and what he has revealed to us with this unconscious stuff. So cool. Awesome

Poppipolla by chicane, I haven't heard it -- I'll give it a listen, thanks

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I love Mumford and Sons. I have to look up Stone Roses. Cool, thanks

8. UkAdR

UkAdR Peer Supporter

Oasis!!! Also love a song called 'Sovereign Light Cafe' by Keane for walking. The lyrics remind me of walking by the coast in Hastings and help me visualise a sunny, happy time while doing exercise :)

9. Eric "Herbie" Watson

This is Good - :)

10. UkAdR

UkAdR Peer Supporter

That's awesome Herbie - Mumford have really broken America and are huge worldwide now. I love their music - both albums are awesome. Used to dance around the kitchen with my son when he was first born to Mumford, and looking in his eyes when he was about a week old while listening to their second album was the first moment i remember really connecting with him :)

11. Richsimm22

Im more of a Killers fan myself. :)

12. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Songs bring back so many memories, its almost like they can reveal anything at times. we have been through a lot of emotions unaware by just the songs we have liked. We feel the emotions of the time we first got that song anchored into our minds. I love music cause it is also healing right through our ears ya know, awesome stuff.

Richsimm22 likes this.
  13. Eric "Herbie" Watson

She was taking a drag.....

14. Richsimm22

I heard maddonna on the radio singing 'open your heart' as I listened it took me back to when I was little and I felt for a moment like I was that age again. But not like you do by just thinking about it. I really felt a warm feeling by it.

15. Waterbear

Waterbear Peer Supporter

Til I collapse - eminem
    Only - NIN
    Levels- avicii
    Clint Eastwood - gorillas
    Never stop- Hyper

16. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It's good to know that some new songs actually have lyrics and that they can be meaningful.

A few years ago I was at an outdoor concert at Northwestern University and their loudspeakers
    blared a song with lyrics that just repeated over and over, "I hate Kids!"
    It made me disgusted, but I shouldn't tune out all new songs. I do prefer the ballads of
    the 1930s and 1940s like "All the Things You Are." And the singers, like Ella Fitzgerald,
    Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, Dick Haymes. Yes, I am an old codger, and love it.

17. Waterbear

Waterbear Peer Supporter

Walt, you should check out the Inkspots. My aunt plays them when we eat dinner with her. Great music. I don't know what era they're from though, maybe the 30s?

Personally, I've always loved aggressive music especially when working out. It's funny, the more fast, loud and angry the music is, the less mad I feel.

18. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

of course.... Happy by Pharrell Williams

Thanks Rich for reminding me of Chicane, awesome music... :headphone:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  19. Richsimm22

Great tune as im strolling down the street

20. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

I like to ramp up the energy when I train with Nickelback, Katy Perry, Jethro Tull, Stepenwolf, Queen, Big and Rich, Kenny Loggins, etc.

For relaxation I'm with Walt on, Sinatra, DeanO (no relation), Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Adele, JJ Cale, Smokey Robinson, Al Greene, Chris Isaak, James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Norah Jones, Billy Joel, Bill Withers, Tom Jones, and a slew of others.

For healing, I recommend MSunn's CD, Ed Gerhard, Alex DiGrasse, Dr. Sarno's voice, wind in the trees, Dr. Z's babbling brook, dark and quiet, or E. Miller's voice.

For drinking you can't beat a country song, not only do long-term studies show that people drink more when listening to slow depressing music, but country makes you want to drink.