1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 18 Most prevalent feelings

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shells, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Shells

Shells Peer Supporter

Most prevalent emotions for me are extreme fear of not being accepted and if not being safe. Fear of screwing up... Because I may not then be accepted. Fear of not making good choices because I may be harmed or taken advantage of in some way.

Shame and guilt about being afraid, holding people back... But this also plays into to the fear of not being accepted.

I am a freezer during times of fight or flight.

Some sadness for myself and some anger at bullies, symptoms, myself and doctors.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Shells. I urge you to stop bullying yourself. No one is perfect. You do the best you can. Since you worry about not doing better and people judging you, it means to me that you need to think better of yourself.
    Don't worry about "holding people back." People hold themselves back... you can do nothing to prevent that.

If you are "freezing" during stressful times of fight or flight, experts on dealing with panic attacks say just stand and take the feelings, frightening as they may be. Fighting the feelings or running away from them just makes them last longer. They stop when you let them be there.

Don't worry about other people accepting you. The main thing is to accept yourself. Do this by believing in yourself.

Shells likes this.
  3. Shells

Shells Peer Supporter

Thank you Walt. I know this in my head but my gut has trouble accepting, ya know.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The fire in the bedroom fireplace is a comforting image.

Shells likes this.