1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 18 Most prevalent emotions...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ariana, May 1, 2020.

1. Ariana

Ariana New Member

In answer to 'Take a look at your journal entries. What emotions are most prevalent?' I noticed this... Anger, sadness and fear.
    Anger towards people who have treated me unfairly (my mum, my brother, my partner).
    Sadness for the little me who experienced so much, and adapted herself to cope, to be liked.
    And fear of conflict with others, fear of rejection, fear of my own emotions.

Boy, there's a lot going on! Anger is the one I'm struggling most to access... I always assumed I just 'wasn't an angry person', but turns out I was repressing it so much that I didn't even realise.

Thanks for reading

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Ariana,

I'm glad to see your insights. My hope is that you'll understand your anger with compassion and direct allowing, allowing the energy of it in your body when arises. And then connecting this to your symptoms as in "thinking psychologically." This can be very simple. Next time you notice a symptom, you say to yourself "Oh, that must be the anger that does not want to be felt. OK. So be it. It is not dangerous for me ---the symptom or the anger."

This human life is fraught with frustration and rage, mostly just below the surface! So be it. But it does not have to slip out sideways to give us symptoms as we sleep walk through life.

Andy

3. Ariana

Ariana New Member

Hi Andy, thanks for your response. Yes I've begun to acknowledge and honour any feelings of anger when they arise, and understand that it is the most natural of human emotions, not something to be concerned about. Thanks for the example of self-talk, I will use it.

Ariana