1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 20 Most helpful - books, articles and websites.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by movingcloud, Oct 17, 2012.

1. movingcloud

movingcloud Peer Supporter

Hi everyone,
    I've just hit a "much more pain" day, which I am going to interpret as good, as others have noticed this pattern and got better the other side of it!
    I've mentioned before about how appreciative I am of all the work you've presented to me, which has enabled me to understand about TMS.
    Today what stands out is the copious links to books, articles, and websites.
    Amazon and Abebooks and my local library are doing their best for me, but I still have loads of homework to look forward to for the next few months! The more I read, the more certain I am about the theories, and the more I value my introspective journey. I would like to do more on changing my thoughts - from anxious to OK. Part of me suspects that the last 4 years on strong painkillers has made me way more anxious than normal!

2. OtterMan

OtterMan Peer Supporter

How to calm the mind and know you are alright because you are gonna be there to protect you. I use Louise Hay's affirmations to quell my anxiety regarding big life transitions. Just googles her if you like. I say this to myself a lot:

"Out of this situation only my greater good can come of it" "I trust the process of life and I am safe. All is well in my world"

These help me make decisions and help me from staying stuck in life. Sometimes anxiety comes from not feeling and not making decisions that we should. Fear is so paralyzing because we don't want to make a choice that sends us backwards. Anyway sending you love and support:)

OtterMan

veronica73 likes this.