1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Most helpful book for me

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by annarowens, Dec 30, 2015.

1. annarowens

annarowens Peer Supporter

Hello! I have read several books and the most recent is Pain Free for Life by Dr. Brady. It is great because it connects all aspects of a person, spirit, mind and body. It incorporates a spiritual component that resonates with me. The most helpful book I think I have read yet is the Mindbody Prescription by Sarno. It was the very first one because it was during the reading of this book that I noticed my pain going down and had significant relief for about a week. Granted I was still on medications and still am, but the pain is definitely getting better and Sarno's book made it completely obvious to me that these theories are REAL and I am experiencing them! I think it was my aha moment, although it would be a while before I started actually doing the work. The mind is stubborn and it requires a certain amount of discipline to do this program while at the same time not putting pressure on one's self! Its a fine line for sure! These books are both great and I highly recommend them!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

That's great, I think aside from Dr Sarnos masterpieces we all have our favourite TMS book. Mine is SteveO - The Great Pain Deception and Claire Weekes - Hope and Help for your nerves (which Jan recommend). I guess we are all different and can connect with some authors text more than others. That said, each book contains it's own pearl of wisdom and it's ultimately how we put it into practice.

In addition to these TMS books, I've supplemented them with Buddhism and spirtuality books.

I think we must really learn to quieten the inner chatter and develop our sense of focuss for healing to initiate.