1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Most disheartening

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Rainbowdash, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Rainbowdash

Rainbowdash Peer Supporter

1. Don't worry, the pain will go away on its own. Here is a sheet of exercises you could do. It is worse than saying the pain will never go away. Somehow if the pain is supposed to go away on its own, but doesn’t, then it means somehow that it is my fault. It is my doing that the pain isn’t going. It just adds insult to injury. For me, when the pain didn’t go away on its own, I immediately deduced that something is wrong with me and this pain is never going to go away.

2. The disc bulge will never go back to what it was, the last resort for bursitis is an injection, but it may or may not work. We could operate on the hip tear but it is not worth it. Essentially all these things mean one thing… your pain will continue and there is nothing we can do to fix it.

2. JBG1963

JBG1963 Peer Supporter

Hi Rainbow, I'm sorry you feel so frustrated right now. I have lower back issues and have had injections with no relief. I'm frustrated too, on many days. But I also take solace in the many success stories I've read here about people overcoming back issues. I've been running a little bit over the last few days. It's not even something I normally do, but it's my way of saying "screw you" to the pain. It's my way of saying "I win" or "I will eventually win and this is the start". Maybe try an activity you don't normally do with the same thought in mind? I think the change has to be in our heads and not in our bodies.

Rainbowdash likes this.
  3. Rainbowdash

Rainbowdash Peer Supporter

Thanks JBG1963. I went for a walk today and tried to be mindful. Let's just say it was an interesting revelation. I posted another thread about it. My eventual goal is to start running and may be do a 3k run in the future, building up to a half marathon.

georgethee likes this.
  4. JBG1963

JBG1963 Peer Supporter

Wow! Awesome goals! :)

Rainbowdash likes this.