1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 Most Disheartening Things a "Dr." has said to me...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Willow, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Willow

Willow New Member

Hi All,

I have deliberately used the inverted commas in "Dr." btw. Just because someone has taken the trouble to get qualified it doesn't necessarily mean they are fit to hold the title of Dr. because that would imply healer rather than glorified pharma salesperson !

I think the most disheartening thing a Dr. has ever told me is "some people just have this for a lifetime". Prize idiot ! This implies it is impossible to resolve or find a cure.

Other idiotic statements include;

"Oh, we don't look for a cause we just find the right medication, these days they're safe enough to take for a lifetime". Since when ?

"I'm not being funny but these things just happen with age". I'm 50yrs not 150.

"We can give you some Prozac to help relax you" - offerred to me when I first suffered pain the upper back that restricted my ability to turn my head, he didn't even ask about any problems with depression. I should have reported him.

"We can give you a prescription for that" - often said without making any effort to look into causative factors.

Don't you just love it ? ;o)

Bid you all a good weekend, Willow

JanAtheCPA and Mad like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Willow. Your thoughts about doctors are mine, too. My doctor never asks what is troubling me, just prescribes medication.
    They're totally wrong, pushing pain killers, etc., which often make things worse or even kill us. Doctors like ours, Big Pharma, and politicans on the take ought to be put in jail.

And when I went to work as a reporter for the Chicago Tribune years ago I was told only to identify medical doctors as Dr.,
    not Ph.Ds. Now everyone can call themselves Dr. I respect dentists and veterinarians with medical training, but not professors
    or television evangelists.

3. Willow

Willow New Member

Hi Walt, Indeed big pharma carries big influence but there was a programme on BBC1 last night titles "the dr. who gave up drugs" about an NHS doc who tried the drug free approach and had success with it. Just shows, it can be done.