1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Most disheartening thing said

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Niklas, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Niklas

Niklas Newcomer

Hello!

I am now on the 4th day of the SEP and I wanted to post my response to the "Question to ponder".

The most disheartening thing a doctor has told me is that all my pain is caused by hypermobile joints and that there is nothing that can be done. The fact that the doctor I was seeing had a good reputation (he had performed ankle surgery on a world famous soccer player) made things a lot worse.

I realize now that the doctor was wrong and that I am suffering from TMS, and only because I started having pain in places I knew there was nothing wrong.

Niklas

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The head of cancer surgery for a major Chicago area hospital said I had a growth on my neck
    that was cancerous. I insisted on a culture being taken first, and after a lot of resistance from him,
    he had the culture taken. It turned out to be a very tiny water blister. No cancer, no problem,
    and my neck was not cut into.

A neighbor's husband, also a cancer doctor, bragged that he gave patients a treatment
    that caused $500 but was not needed.

So much for doctors. I'm very skeptical of them.