1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 Most disheartening thing from doctor

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dh1990, Feb 9, 2019.

1. dh1990

dh1990 Newcomer

"What was the most disheartening thing a doctor has told you about your symptoms? In what ways have you kept that in your mind? If you feel comfortable sharing, post your response in the Structured Educational Program section of the PTPN's discussion forum. We would love to hear from you."

I don't have anything disheartening to share, but instead an amusing thing that was said to me. I visited the doctors multiple times about cold hand/feet. This particular time, I was in the room temperature waiting room for around 1 hour (with a jacket on!) and my hands and feet were still freezing. When I finally met the doctor and he examined me, and saw that the blood results were all ok, he said:

"Some people just have it and you just have to keep yourself very warm. It is usually common in 14 year old skinny girls, so you must be unlucky to have it" (I'm a 29 year old male) :D

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

LOL, @dh1990 . I suppose you should be grateful he didn't try to make something up and add the word "syndrome" to it. :rolleyes:

3. marionp19

marionp19 Newcomer

That sounds like a very incompassionate human. Someone like that needs to have a moment to experience your troubles. Then maybe they will be able to help others better.

4. srton

srton Well known member

Holy cow!! I’ve have had horrible cold hands and feet forever...and I’ve also had many different kinds of TMS. If I can get rid of my cold hands and feet by doing this work I will be so happy!!! Thank you for this suggestion @dh1990
    During my last bout of TMS for back pain (which I totally completely cured by working the program and getting help from people on this awesome forum!) I was able to cure my hand rash eczema- which I didn’t even set out to do!! It was like a gift with purchase!! I was shocked and so happy.
    It’s all connected - for better or worse - but I’m excited to think that I could get rid of my freezing feet for good!

JanAtheCPA likes this.