1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Most disheartening thing a doctor has told me

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by allabitica, Sep 4, 2020.

1. allabitica

allabitica Newcomer

That the back pain I'm having is probably because of a vertebral issue, and the muscle is irritated trying to compensate for it, so... ?? No real help or ideas other than to keep going to massage and physical therapy, which have made no lasting difference. Tried trigger point and steroid injections - no difference. I cancelled my follow up appointment with her recently because I felt like it would just reinforce the diagnosis at a time I'm working on a mind-body approach instead, and I couldn't really imagine she'd have anything more helpful. She was nice, just not helpful.

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

99% of the people in the healthcare world MEAN well..... but since most of them (not all of them) rule out psychological factors CAUSING the problem, they can't help us very much.

All of us here who have recovered have been told really scary things by the medical world. My personal low water mark was "If you ever even jog again you risk paralysis."

...and that was in the nineties and I I am still not paralyzed and I am living a pain free happy life. The guy who told me that wasn't trying to be a weenie. He was just preaching what all of his experience implied.

Time for a new experience.

peace