1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Morton's Neuroma

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Claudia, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Claudia

Claudia Newcomer

Hello, I'm new to the site, and am struggling with fear of my pain symptoms. I have Morton's Neuroma in both feet and had a steroid injection in my left foot about 4 years ago. Since then I have been getting severe electric shocks/ stabbing pains on the bottom of my foot where the injection was done. The pain can strike with any step, and is so severe, it feels as though I am stepping barefoot onto a plug with full force. I have read Dr. Sarno's books and also SteveO's 'The great pain deception". Having used a wheelchair for the last few years to get about outdoors, I have started to walk on a daily basis for the last 2 weeks. The more I walk, the more the stabbing pain occurs in the foot, and I don't know how to get over the fear of the pain. Any advice would be greatly welcome.

2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Going from a wheelchair to walking? That is incredible! And a true testament to your ability to get past this.

The best way to stop fearing the pain is to accept that it will go away, and to get back to fully living life without obsessing over the sensations. What brings you joy? What helps relax you? What are your passions in life?

For me, something as simple as petting my cat and hearing her purr (makes me smile just thinking about it!) or dessert with a friend can work wonders and bring me to my happy place. Happiness breaks that fear cycle.

3. AakashDahiya

AakashDahiya Newcomer

Hi Claudia,
    I also have Morten's Neuroma in my left leg and have been experiencing pain for around 3 years now.
    Understanding that mind can generate various types of pain has helped me a lot in reducing the pain, I used to have many different sensations in my foot some of which are gone, they do come back at times though.
    I am focused on understanding and reading more about TMS and how our mind works and confident that it will relieve all my pain 1 day, embrace it and you too will feel better.