1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 More testing?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wendyb, Jan 4, 2018.

1. wendyb

wendyb New Member

hi. I’m wendy. My nerve issues started during a prolonged period of intense stress. Many tests and trials with medications later and I have no diagnosis other than anxiety or my self diagnosed benign Fasciculation syndrome. There are more expensive tests for Lyme (and I’m in CT) or neuropathy that I could take. Should I do this even though my symptoms align more with psychologically induced reaction to stress. My life is not as stressful as it was but is still stressful as I look to improve, sell, buy and move house in the next 4 months! Thanks! So happy to have found you!

2. Jimnat7

Jimnat7 Peer Supporter

Lyme is just a blood test I believe, so it is good to rule that out. But I have been dealing with neuropathy for a while and I am feeling that it is just another form of tms. My symptoms started during a time of intense stress and have gotten better and worse at times. During the time that I have had this other symptoms have left such as knee shoulder and back pain. So my mind has just given me something more scary to dwell on. I do best when I tell myself it's only tms and don't pay much attention to it. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018