1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

More questions - morning stiffness and back cracking...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by happygal, Apr 24, 2014.

1. happygal

happygal New Member

Is daily morning stiffness TMS? I have had it for years - to varying degrees - sometimes really badly and other times quite mild. No matter how badly I start out in the morning, though, it usually wears off quite quickly - just need 15 or 20 minutes of moving around to get going and usually a lot less than that. I know that it is believed that plantar fasciitis is often TMS (have that in the morning too). I always ascribed the morning stiffness to my tight, tension-filled muscles, but am now rethinking that. I never worried much about it anyway since it never really impacted my day (except when I overslept!) If it's TMS, though, I am ready to kick it to the curb.

Also, do you think the following is TMS? My husband routinely comes home from work, tells me his back hurts, and asks me to walk on it to crack it. After I walk on it and it cracks, he instantly feels relief. I am thinking it is TMS. Any opinions on that one too?

Thanks all! Hoping and praying for good days for everyone today!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Happygal. I think your morning stiffness is not really TMS but your body resting all night and needing a little exercise
    in the morning, since walking or moving around for 15 or 10 minutes helps.

Your husband may be practicing a little chiropractic, and if it helps relieve his back pain, that's fine.

I had a back ache when I was in my twenties and it was so bad I could hardly stand up. I was bent over like I was 90.
    It came on from a bus ride from Chicago to New York when I sat in the last seat available which happened to
    be over a rear tire. The jarring put my back out. When I got to New York, an army buddy met me and took me
    to his house where a chiropractor gave him, his wife, and parents a once-a-month treatment.
    He had me lay on a table and cricked my neck and in a few minutes I got up and had no pain.
    I felt like I was "born again."

So I believe in chiropractic and also in acupuncture and acupressure. My dog Max had bad arthritis
    so I took him to a vet who specialized in acupuncture for dogs. After just one short treatment, Max walked
    without any pain and after a few more treatments for a few weeks, he was running and playing and swimming
    in the lake and had three more very active years.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, you have the symptoms of tms. And your husband. Have you heard of the SEP here?