1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 More findings on my pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Seraphina, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Seraphina

Seraphina Peer Supporter

Today's reading and Brian Lee Jackson's success story reminded me of my wrist pain that I'm having now and that I'm attributing to RSI-sort-of history (yes... very physical). The pain has been reduced slowly but gradually, and I'm planning to take off the wrist braces in a few days, but the existing pain still scares me.

Well, while I was reading the articles, I started thinking maybe my wrist pain is due to TMS, too. One of the physical issues that I'm concerned is the TFCC wear, since my doc told me TFCC issue can only be 100% correctly diagnosed with MRI or arthroscopy (and he also said that "However, the mechanism that you developed pain does not seem to make a TFCC issue, so I won't worry about that. just wait to get better").

BUT.... Even if the TFCC (triangular fibrocartilage complex) was worn out a little by using crutches for a month, that's just a mild cartilage issue. I don't have tear or any ligament sprain. And I've given my wrists quite a rest for a month so far. It should have been healed by now. My body is strong. I'm more confident with dealing with pain around my body.

I recently feel TMS works on a real injury, too, giving more pain on the area--in my case, my right ankle. It's still under rehabilitation phase, and it can walk 15-20 minutes at once. One day I walked about 5-10 minutes more than usual, and I was okay then, no pain. I took a rest while having dinner, and felt a serious pain after the dinner. A pain after 2-hour sitting which is a rest for my ankle? Nonsense.
    This perfectly works along Dr. Sarno's theory that the brain knows my weak point and works on it.

Things that make me angry:
    1. That I'm not living up to my parents' expectation
    (despite their expensive funding for college, I'm only earning a little at a highly respected company. I always wondered "should I have taken a job at a private sector with much higher salary with harsher work?" and then I despair, "no, I'm often sick, and I wouldn't have been able to deal with the bad working hours." I think I'm kind of angry with the irony that although I want to live a fancier life with harsher work and more money, I'm actually quite settled for the status quo. I'm sick of pushing myself for better things... this gives me both anger and guilt)

2. My younger sister. Always has been my stressful companion or bully. I don't get along with her well. We have too different personality.

3. That I in pain and therefore I'm limited to do anything I want! This always freaks me out.

Things that make me sad:
    1. That I'm in pain and therefore I cannot do what I love to do for a long time
    2. due to the injury and pains I couldn't see my boyfriend and have a date for so long.. I'm tired of just texting and listening to his voice.
    3. My parents are getting old.... They are getting sick and old... I cannot to rely on them anymore, and they will need to rely on me as time goes by.

.. I just found it's hard to discover things that make me sad...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Your wrist pain and things that are making you sad seem, to me, to be from TMS.
    You are hard on yourself and worrying about the future. Try to be more accepting of yourself
    and live in the present moment, not thinking about the past or future.

If you discover the repressed emotions in you, probably back to your childhood,
    and ease up on your perfectionist and "goodist" personality, you will heal and soon see
    your boyfriend and enjoy dates with him again.

Don't think too much on things that can make you sad.
    Think you are happy and you will be happy.